Installing MongoDB (In Windows OS)
- Download the suitable binary file from the official mongodb site http://mongodb.org/downloads. Select the Community Edition and select the file to download, don’t confuse with the OS names mention in the download list just check for 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Setup the binary file, the setup wizard prompts need
- Complete Installation.
- Custom Installation.
If you want to change the destination path or select minimal level of installation choose custom installation and select what you need.
- After the above open the installation location by default OsDrive:\Program Files\MongoDb i.e., C:\Program Files\MongoDb or path mentioned in the custom installation wizard. In the folder you have the binary files in the bin directory.
- A binary file named “mongod” will be there in bin folder which is mongodb server file that we need to start to up the mongodb.
- After starting “mongod” file we can use the binary file “mongo.exe” which is a mongo shell.
Some Key files of mongoDB
|Import-ExportTools||mongodump.exe, mongorestore.exe, mongoexport.exe, mongoimport.exe|
|MiscellaneousTools||bsondump.exe, mongofiles.exe, mongooplog.exe, mongoperf.exe|