There are 3 types of translators available for the languages
- Assembler :This translator is used to convert the
programs written in low level language in to Machine language.
- Compiler:It is used to convert high level language to
Machine level language. It checks for errors in the entire
program and converts the program in to Machine language.
C Uses Compiler As Translator
- Interpreter:It is used to convert high level language
program into machine level language. It checks for error
statements by statement and converts the statement into machine
PROGRAM EXECUTION STEPS:
Various steps involved in executing a C program:
- Creating a C program.
- Compiling a C program.
- Linking the program with functions that are needed from C
- Executing the program.
"Helloworld" C Program
#include< stdio.h >
void main ()
printf ("Hello World");
Few IMPORTANT points about C PROGRAM
- Hash (#) include: it is a program file inclusion
directive and is used to include header files.
- #include "filename" or #include < filename >
- When the filename is included with in double quotation
Marks the search for the file made first in current
directions and then standard directions.
- When the filename is include in angular braces (<>),
the file is searched in standard directions.
- printf: It is a function which is used to print data
on the screen.
- void main() It is a function from the where every C
program execution start.