SmartFoxServer2x Extension Programming
are a fundamental element in SmartFoxServer 2X, they open a
world of limit less possibilities for developers to create their
custom game logic and integrate other technologies to support
The Extensions architecture is that
developers can plug a single Extension to their Room or Zone.
Few Things About
- Extensions are written using java and python.
- Every Zone will have an extension program to interact/access
the zone dynamically.
- Every Room will have an extension program to interact/access
the Room dynamically
- We can attach Only one Extension to Room or Zone.
- Java Extensions are deployed in a single .jar file to a
folder which represents the name of the Extension.
- Extensions are placed in server side with the folder named
'extensions' in SFS2x.
- An Extension has to be seen as a Java program containing all
the logic of your server application. Using simple object OOP
practices you can separate the concerns of your code just as
you would if you were writing a stand-alone application. The
new Extensions API will also assist you in this accomplishment
with a new set of tools.
extension api we will write the extension programing. There are
two main classes that provide the base for any extension that we
- BaseSFSExtension :- An Abstract class which implements
- SFSExtension :- If a java program to term as Extension
program it must extend and implement SFSExtension class.